lunes, 11 de mayo de 2009

After a little over a year

Today is May 11th, 2009. I graduated North Greenville University a year and ten days ago. Most of my friends have heard me talk about leaving the country and serving in missions outside of the United States. I have had this talk since before my graduation. Never did I know that it would take me a year to actually leave, yet I am so glad it did.

This past year, my first post-graduation year, has been one of the best in my life. During that year I found a community that I love and will miss. I have grown spiritually; I have matured in more ways than one. I have struggled greatly. I have gone through three different tentative destinations until finally God said Ecuador.

Today, the journey begins. The journey I have been waiting to take. I do not just mean the Ecuador trip for this is just the beginning of a journey that will end in heaven for me. I pray that God leads me wherever He wants me to go. I want to travel the world and serve Him all over the globe. Ecuador is the first stop with a five month layover. This will be my first long-term-ish trip away from my family ever. I am looking forward who I will become during the five months I will be away. Most of all, I am looking forward to witnessing what my AMAZING God will be doing. It is such a priviledge to be His servant.

Pray for safely and for a selfless spirit.

Next time I write, I will be in Ecuador. Until then.

3 comentarios:

  1. Thinking of you as you go!! Blessings my friend!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I love you so much, Raquel! I'm praying for you and already planning stuff to send to you!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Hey girl, Nic and I were thinking of you the other day... I prayed for you this morning.
    I love ya!!
    Naomi

    ResponderEliminar